What is Red Bull 400?
Red Bull 400 is a 400m sprint/race up the large ski jumping hill that was used in the 2002 olympics.
What type of equipment is needed?
Typical running or trail running shoes.
Can spectators attend?
Yes, spectators, friends and family are welcome to attend.
How can I get media credentials, who can I talk to about media coverage?
Please contact Chris Worden at email@example.com or Melanie Welch (Utah Olympic Park Marketing Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I take and share pictures or videos at the event?
Photos may be taken and shared on social media websites. Professional photo equipment (extended lenses, professional video cameras) is not allowed except for pre-registered media.
Will there be food and beverages available?
Yes, there will be plenty of food and beverages available for purchase.
Where can I park?
There is free parking at Utah Olympic Park
Are you hiring or accepting volunteers to work the event?
We have secured all staffing at this point, but we'd love for you to enjoy the event as a participant or spectator!
IIs it open to anyone?
No, you must be 16 years of age or older. *If under 18 you need to have a parent or guardian with you at registration to sign release waiver.
When and where is the event?
September 30 at Utah Olympic Park - 3419 Olympic Pkwy, Park City UT 84098
Red Bull 400 Competition Rules
1. No physical contact between racers. Physical contact can potentially be reviewed for disqualification
2. No Poles, No Spikes
3. Plastic spikes or any traction devices are NOT allowed
4. Dogs on leash allowed
5. Slow runners stay to the right – if you are having difficulty-completing heat, and the leaders of the following heat are catching you, you must move to the right of the course. If you do not place yourself on the right, you may face disqualification.
6. No touching, grabbing, holding onto the sidewalls.
7. Stairs are for spectators and descending participants only; you must complete the course via the constructed ramp up the middle. Using the stairs in the uphill direction is grounds for disqualification
8. If you are finding you cannot finish the race, your pullout point of the race is the midway prior to the ramp. If you need assistance getting down, we will provide you a shuttle at the midway or finish line.
9. Once you step on the ramp, you must complete the course.
10. You are not allowed to turn back on the course at any point in time
11. From the top, all racers must take the designated staircase to return to the base. Vehicle shuttles are available for racers in need.
12. If you kick a rock loose on the lower slope, please turn immediately and yell “rock” to everyone below
13. ID must be presented at bib pickup
14. Bib transfers are not permitted
15. No smoking or open flame of any kind due to the level of fire risk
16. Portable music devices are not allowed
17. Aid Stations will be at the top of the course as well as in the Athlete’s Lounge at the base
18. Once you complete the course, you must clear the finish line area within 10 seconds. If unable to do so, volunteers will assist you in moving to a rest area
19. If you miss your heat, see a race official for options.
20. HAVE FUN!